Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tonight is a chilly night. All the leaves are gone or going. I feel a lot like the lonely trees left behind: skinny, scantily clad.

There is a band from Sweden that I just found out about, Like Honey (perhaps a reference to the legendary Jesus and Mary Chain song). They are a shoegaze pop band, this style is a very logical evolution and I hope it is a sign of things to come. Sometimes I get bummed out on the state of college rock with all the garbage out there but this band gives me hope.

On Saturday I played emmerson coffee house with The Mopes, my new band with Emily and Alec. I think it went really well. We messed up and stuff but it felt good playing, I think there is a really good energy that happens when we play. So far we have about 3 songs and the makings for several more. We have a drummer now too, Steven.

My other band A Leaf just recorded a new song, please listen to it I am very excited about it! http://www.myspace.com/aleafmusic
It's the song called Yesterday Today and Tomorrow.

Moorea, thank you for exposing me to a man that I shall leave unnamed, you know who. "Noah and God we're great buds, God saved Noah from floods"

2 comments:

Moorea Seal said...

WOO! viva la musica!

Allie said...

Dude, you guys are SO GOOD. Will you send out an invite for your Chop Suey show? I really want to come.