Thursday, November 6, 2008

Who loves the sun? Not everyone.

I love the rain, which probably shows that I am still just a glorified tourist in this rainy town. Pacific northwesterners are cool and all but I don't ever think I will be one, which is just fine by me, I have enough cultural identities already. I have another paper due in an hour, I'm on pace to finish it but it's last minute as always. I don't think I have ever finished a paper ahead of time, not once.

Yesterday I woke up to Nate and Shannon laughing on our couch bed, what a good start to a good day. I went to class then sat around recording with them a lot of the day. We practiced with Steven, he is a small asian man that I lived with this summer. He is an insane drummer, it's like he has a metronome in his brain, that kind of rhythm is something you can't teach. I'm really hoping he decides to play with us more. He is also tentatively going to start playing for my new band with Alec and Emily, we're practicing friday. I think we're gonna play some of our songs for Emmerson's coffee house, sans drums though because it would be too real for the children, harshing mellows is not our thing. Steven, is really gentle and nice, if he joins the band, then between him, Alec, me and Emily we will be the nicest band on earth. Our songs are pretty sweet, I really like the direction it's going. Very simple, very pop.

1 comment:

Moorea Seal said...

i'm so excited to hear your guys new band!!!
i'll be a groupie whether you guys want me to or not.