Friday, April 9, 2010

Just wasted most of the day to go mix in northgate, we didn't get much done at all. Phil said we'd be done after a half day, now he wants to start all over on 4 out of 5 songs. The bus is not as charming as it was before I started using it everyday. This mix failure made me kind of down on doing the band, this recording seems like it will never end.

Pretty depressed. Don't have much to look forward to. "Another Day Of Nothing".

When I got back home, my roommates band was practicing. They are so horrible, the kind of horrible that makes you feel embarrassed for them. That's just at first though, then you get really mad that it won't stop. You fantasize about throwing water balloons downstairs on them, and telling them off. You could say "you're the worst band I've ever heard", but how can you even quantify such a thing? It probably wouldn't be true. You could tell them that they are in a "metal" band and yet they have never listened Slayer, but they wouldn't hear your meek voice over the PBR belches. You wish the neighbors would call the cops. Its really pathetic being this passive.

My 3 day break is over, Taylor is driving me to work tonight, he really is a good friend to me.

I think of the song "Suzanne" a lot. I need to tell this girl that shes wasting her time on me, that I "have no love to give her". But maybe she'll get me on her wavelength once I do. Its a funny thought. I really can't feel anything for any girl, there's something busted inside me. Sure I find different ones attractive, I'm still alive after all. I enjoy being wanted, and telling myself I want something. But once it starts getting deep, I can't go any farther. I'm not really sure what my deal is. I don't know if I really want anything.

I really like being encouraging, I don't want to bring anyone down. Its a good thing only a handful of people ever see stuff like this then. Sometimes in life I just have to close my eyes and hold on and wait for things to get better. They always do, but its hard to believe it all the time.

1 comment:

Moorea Seal said...

friend, don't get down about the recording. the facts are that we havent worked on the recording in MONTHS and MONTHS. like 4 months man. and in that time, we have been able to think and process. so has phil. and he has gotten better at recording too.
he wants us to sound not just good, but great. right now some of our songs are stuck at good and havent reached great. redoing some will give us that chance to really do something beyond what is expected, what we have been settled in. we gotta GIT it boi.

also, i think our band has been feeling down a lot lately. and i think that this will give us a chance to think with a fresh mind, listen with fresh ears, feel rejuvenated. let this be a chance to choose to not get down, but get in a new mood.
we are a melancholy group. but melancholy isn't getting us anywhere. we need to just choose to be proactive, to pursue and pursue HARD. we can do this. i haven't given up yet.

and you know, a girl isn't going to be good for you until you are feeling full in other important areas of life. its not good to have a serious girl in your life when you don't feel that other areas arent in order. a girlfriend needs to be the extra exciting thing on top of the pride that you have in what you do on your own. you are an extremely extremely gifted person patrick. like, for REAL. I have incredible respect for the talent that just sparks inside of you like fireworks. i want to see you really letting the fireworks escape you even if they sometimes might have potential to fizzle. all the fire can't flame unless you risk some frizzle potential.
GET it boi. you are bomb and you just gotta be strong and pursue your dreams with fervor.

the shit work you have to do while on your way to pursuing dreams can suck. really suck. do i want to be a nanny for all my life? no. but it makes me money that i can save to put into pursuing my goals. it gives me major angst to spend my free time wisely. It means that i have to make a choice and be positive, to keep going when i feel like life sucks.

your life doesnt suck. you are bursting with talent. let it just spill out man even if it frightens you. we are both perfectionists who don't like to do things that represent us that could shed us in the wrong light if they are imperfect. growing up means saying, fuck it. i'm going to work hard even if stuff sucks, even if people judge me and get me wrong.

friend, i want to see you happy, super proud of yourself even when things aren't the way you would most like them to be. we all get misrepresented in life, and sometimes that can happen even in what we create and pour our hearts into. oh well. we make LOTS of things. a few of those don't have to be the best or perfect.

Be strong. Be tough. Be proud of your strength. You know you are talented. you know you are wise. you know you are smart. Be the leader that you know that you should be. You are kind of really cool man. Like...really cool.

Doppelgangers for life. I'm proud to call you one of my favorite people in the world. Love you brother.